Saturday, April 25, 2015

Hello!Need some help with roommate legal issue.I've signed a one year lease with my 2 roommates, but things are very complicated between us ...

Question

Hello!

Need some help with roommate legal issue.

I've signed a one year lease with my 2 roommates, but things are very complicated between us and I decided to move out. I gave them 30 days notice and I also notified the landlord that I am leaving.

They don't want to give me my deposit back. I understand that they don't have money now, but I told them to give it back to me when the lease ends. One of my roommates also has her boyfriend living there without the landlord knowing.

Do I have any options or I will loose the money?



Answer

I would have to know what the agreement between you and the roommates is. It sounds as you have breached the lease, leaving them to pay 100% and not 67% of the rent and they are keeping your security deposit to cover part of their damages of having to pay more rent.



No comments:

Post a Comment