Saturday, February 22, 2014

I am concerned about my 17 year old daughter who got involved with a 21 year old last year. In hindsight, I realize that I should have press...

Question

I am concerned about my 17 year old daughter who got involved with a 21 year old last year. In hindsight, I realize that I should have pressed charges when I found out he had sex relations with her, but they said they were in love and I didn't want to make fuss over what looked like a good relationship. She became pregnant and had a baby at seventeen this May. They lived at my house, but he could not hold down a job, so he wanted to move back to where his family lives. Against my will, he took her and the baby and would not tell me where they were living. She became pregnant again in the meantime (big surprise) and the situation has worsened. They have been away for over three months and no medical care for my daughter or my grandson. They have been living in different places and right now have no home of their own.

My question: Do I have any rights to bring her home due to the need for her to have proper care or will the court view my past consent as giving up those rights as a parent?



Answer

you have no recourse. none.



Answer

Probably not, there are no grandparents rights in Florida. If you think a child is in danger, lackof food, medical, ect, you can report the matter to DCF and they will investigate.



No comments:

Post a Comment