Sunday, February 23, 2014

9 months after selling our car to someone, we started recieving multiple citations for this car. Included in these were that the car had exp...

Question

9 months after selling our car to someone, we started recieving multiple citations for this car. Included in these were that the car had expired registration tags and that I was still the registered owner & still on title. I called the new owner, who was a friend of a friend, to get these matters corrected. They at 1st would hang up on me and then stopped answering their phone.

I had told them that I was going to take the car back and store it until they get things cleared up. Now I am being Charged with "Unlawful Taking of a Vehicle" What are my Legal Options?



Answer

Get a lawyer. Unless you and the buyer had an agreement that allowed you to repossess the car under these circumstances (which is very unlikely), you had no right to take it.



No comments:

Post a Comment