Thursday, February 27, 2014

putting money down on a houseI am about to buy a house near austin tx. I will be putting $150,000 down on the new house. my future bride wi...

Question

putting money down on a house

I am about to buy a house near austin tx. I will be putting $150,000 down on the new house. my future bride will not be putting any money down on the new house. She will not sign a pre-nuptial aggrement. My question is will my 150k be protected, in the event that we were to get seperated and the house be sold. Will i need to make sure that the down payment comes out of my account to prove that the 150k was not joint money.



Answer

Re: putting money down on a house

I think that it is a good idea for you to make sure that the down payment comes from your (separate property)account if you want to be able to show later that the money was your separate funds.

You should consult an attorney and fill him/her in on the details.



No comments:

Post a Comment