Thursday, February 20, 2014

I want to get divorce due to mutual indifferences however i will look after my wife and 2 kids financially. i love my kids a lot and would w...

Question

I want to get divorce due to mutual indifferences however i will look after my wife and 2 kids financially. i love my kids a lot and would want to be able to visit them anytime i want and they should be able to come and stay with me anytime they want. The problem is my wife is threatening me that she will hurt herself and kids if we separate and i am living under extreme pressure. She is pressurising me to live with her.this is affecting my health, my mental state, my work evrything. i am very tensed and depressed. What should I do? i have always treated her well but now we have reached a point wherein it is better to get divorced but she is threatening me that she will hurt herself and our kids and she will put all the blame on me. Please help



Answer

I am so sorry that you are living under this kind of pressure. Unfortunately there is no easy answer. If she is not reasonable and cooperative, then you have to just be proactive for what is best for the children. It is hard to believe that children are unaware of this kind of pressure and tension - and the split may be what is best for them. You don't mention if counseling has been attempted, but at the least should be considered for the kids to get through the process of the split. You probably should file for divorce and primary conservatorship, and in the proceedings offer a generous support package and generous possession and access to the children. You should be cautious however, as the threats of harm may be desperate and real. You should first be certain that she is mentally stable. Until a third-party professional confirms that, your first obligation is to protect your children; not your wife. Seek an experienced family lawyer - to discuss the most efficient way to a quiet and sensible end to this. Good luck.



Answer

I agree with Theresa Langford.

It appears that your wife has some mental problems. You need to consult with a mental health expert. Unfortunately, as a family law attorney I've heard this problem many times. You should NOT leave your children with her. I live in Houston where the woman drowned her children due to mental illness.

Ideally before you do anything, you need to get your wife to a doctor & if she won't go then you need to protect your children. I can't tell where you live in Texas but the Harris County courts hear this sort of problem all the time. The judges will do everything they can to protect the children. You are in a serious & dangerous situation.

Hire an experienced family law attorney in your county immediately & follow their advice. You have been living in an "abnormal" situation for so long that you don't understand how dangerous your situation has become.

Please get assistance for yourself and your family NOW!

Good luck! I will certainly pray for your entire family.



No comments:

Post a Comment