Sunday, March 23, 2014

Can I use my friend's AAA to have my car towed?

Can I use my friend's AAA to have my car towed?
Yes, but only if your friend is with you, and only if he has his AAA card with him. Triple A membership follows the person, not the vehicle. An AAA member may use their membership to have any vehicle towed, regardless of whether the member owns that vehicle or not. The only condition is that your friend must be present in person, and must present his and a photo id to the towing company that arrives.


From AAA FAQ's - Would I be covered if riding with a friend or family member who is not a AAA member?
AAA service covers the member, not the vehicle. Service is provided to the member in any 4 wheeled passenger vehicle they are riding in or driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment