Friday, March 28, 2014

the lease with my tenant is through July 7. He is moving out early. I have altered the agreement, making him pay through April, but refundin...

Question

the lease with my tenant is through July 7. He is moving out early. I have altered the agreement, making him pay through April, but refunding portions of the rent on a pre rated basis, should I be able to re-lease it earlier than April.

He is vacating the home in mid Feb. Should I do a walk thru then and collect the keys from him, or does the imply that I'm releasing him from the remaining obligations (March/April)?

Should I rather have him keep the keys and not do a walk thru until the re-negotiated lease term (April) expire?



Answer

If he has agreed in writing to the terms, take the keys now. If he has not agreed, wait for him to give you the keys as that means he is still the tenant there. Do the walk through when he asks or when he leaves not to return.



No comments:

Post a Comment