Saturday, March 22, 2014

i had received a speeding ticket in the state of georgia, but I have am a florida resident and have a florida license. I paid my ticket onli...

Question

i had received a speeding ticket in the state of georgia, but I have am a florida resident and have a florida license. I paid my ticket online and was not notified of anything else that needed to be done when I called. I recently received a statement from GA stating that I have to pay a super speeder fee to the state of GA or my license will be suspended in GA. Is this possible or do I need to notify them that I am a florida resident?



Answer

Since you already made the mistake of paying the ticket without legal advice you're stuck. Under the Georgia Super Speeder law you also pay a $200 civil penalty to the state (higher if you wait). If you fail to pay, Georgia will issue a suspension, notify your state, and you'll likely face a Florida suspension.



No comments:

Post a Comment