Friday, March 21, 2014

When I had my son (who will be turning 24 in a week) I gave him my last name and his fathers last name. I was told that the hospital was sup...

Question

When I had my son (who will be turning 24 in a week) I gave him my last name and his fathers last name. I was told that the hospital was supposed to make both last names in caps when typing out the birth certificate was told they didn't. Either way, my son is wanting to drop the last name on the birth certificate which is his fathers and just leave his first name, middle name and my last name. How would we go about doing this and what are the cost?



Answer

Because your son is over the age of 18, the process is very easy (Although a bit paperwork intensive). Talk to your county clerk for any pro forma paperwork and bring money to cover the filing fee.



Answer

you need to file a change of name action. Talk to the court clerk, not the county clerk



No comments:

Post a Comment