Friday, February 27, 2015

my friend was interested in my car for sale he said he could make payments of 500 a month I let him take the car a week before the first pay...

Question

my friend was interested in my car for sale he said he could make payments of 500 a month I let him take the car a week before the first payment would be due. I heard from him 5 days later he took the car in to get a diagnostic and it had a blown engine and if he could renegotiate the price > I asked him why he hadn't come to me for the diagnostic (my ex husband is an authorized dealer) I told him no that the car is not negotiable and we would just get it back. He left and didn't contact us for another week I had been trying to reach him

when he did return my call it was that I finally left a text msg telling him i didnt want to have to call the car in stolen but would if he didnt contact me with its where abouts.he left a message his response was. The car is @ ---- I have no monety to get it out. That was it! i looked but wasb not able to locate --the mechanic-- his phone was fresh disconected, for a couple days .Finally I was able to find the mechanic where the car was so I left a message saying it was in his best interest to call because we were not going to pay for a 150 dollar diagnostic we did not ask for. The mechanic told us the vehicles' moter was fine does not need a new moter however it does need some mechanical work it is a 2008 Cadillac Lxs and is worth way more then the 2500 as we'd agreed. Now we do not want to pay his bill and we want our car it had been missing for two weeks and naturally we'd thought it stolen but didn't want to get him in trouble by reporting it as such. Now how do we make him pay his bill and how do we go about getting our car back? please help I thank you in advance LaRae



Answer

Since California has a mechanic's lien law that could result in sale of the car, I think your best bet is pay the mechanic, get your car, and then try and get the money from your friend...

'



No comments:

Post a Comment