Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thursday, me my boyfriend got into an altercation. There was reallyno hitting besides mainly pushing shoving. My phone got broke in them...

Question

Thursday, me & my boyfriend got into an altercation. There was really

no hitting besides mainly pushing & shoving. My phone got broke in the

middle of this & 911 had gotten dialed, even with my flip phone broke

in half the police still had the entire conversation recorded. They showed

up when my Mom was on her way to pick me up, because they couldnt figure

out an 'aggressor' they took both of us to jail for 4th degree assault,

minor injury. In court the next day, we both took the guilty plea & the

judge put an EPO against us. We have been together a year & a half

& I am pregnant, this is something that just got out of hand but

because I am pregnant neither one of us want the EPO on us. He cant attend

my Dr. Appts because of this & I cant talk to him & let him know

how the Dr. Appts went, etc. How do I go about getting this dismissed?

He is honestly not a bad guy, he has never put his hands on me &

neither of us have ever had an assault or any kind of violence charge

against us.



Answer

You just admitted there was domestic violence (pushing and shoving is assault), you've been charged with a crime (and pled guilty), and you are pregnant. Your boyfriend not attending your OB appointments is the least of your problems. You'll need an attorney to assist in getting your domestic violence issues resolved, but before you address the domestic violence orders, you need to see a counselor. It is never acceptable for there to be a physical altercation, especially when one is pregnant. It doesn't matter how much you "love each other," or that neither of you punched the other in the face a la Chris Brown and Rihanna, a dangerous line was still crossed, and without some extensive counseling, if you two reconcile, it won't just be a single incident. It never is. It will be worse once the child is born, not better. Do yourself and your child a favor and work those problems out first.



No comments:

Post a Comment