Friday, December 26, 2014

I am currently a tenant in a house. The house has been reposed by Fannie Mae and they are the owners of the property. The previous owner had...

Question

I am currently a tenant in a house. The house has been reposed by Fannie Mae and they are the owners of the property. The previous owner had told me that she will be here to take out all the appliances and fixtures that belong to her. I contacted Fannie Mae and the property manager assigned to this property and they told me that anything in this property is no longer her's. Is that true? So you know the facts as to what happened. The previous owner has not made mortgage payments in over a year, she was collecting rent from the tenants and pocketing the monies, and she had told me about three months ago that she was trying to get a short-sell on the house. I found out that once the house was foreclosed on that she could not have done a short-sell. She lied to me. The property manager said because I live her and the previous owner does not that I am the one that makes decisions as to what happens at this property. I have some friends that are in need and I told them that they can come over and take the refrigerator, washer, and dryer. Can I do this without getting into trouble with the law? If you could let me know ASAP I would be very appreciative.

Thank you,

Dan



Answer

Since you do not own the house, you do not own its "fixtures," such as those large appliances. Yes, you can get into trouble.



No comments:

Post a Comment