Wednesday, December 31, 2014

i have had main custody of my 2 kids (now 11 and 15) since i divorced 6 or so years ago. the father has done very little to keep in their li...

Question

i have had main custody of my 2 kids (now 11 and 15) since i divorced 6 or so years ago. the father has done very little to keep in their lives. at first they would go visit and horrible things were happening (not illegal) and the kids got to where they didnt want to go anymore and i was worried to send them. came home filthy, telling me they were supposed to call me names etc... now, my daughter is 15 and he is trying to talk her into living with him and his new wife (who was a big part of the bad things). he is promising her things and she wants to go. do i have any say in the decision? he told her i dont and that all she has to do is say she wants to and i cant stop her. I dont think living with him is the best thing as he has no boundaries or rules for her



Answer

These are complex issues, and it is important that they be handled correctly. Therefore, it is important that you consult an experienced family law attorney to find out what options are available to you based on the facts of your particular case. If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog (www.SCFamilyLaw.com) or our website (www.SpartanburgLawyers.com). I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens



No comments:

Post a Comment