Friday, December 26, 2014

unpaid supportThere is a lien against my property for unpaid support (temporary orders) My paychecks were being garnished each week, but I ...

Question

unpaid support

There is a lien against my property for unpaid support (temporary orders) My paychecks were being garnished each week, but I was getting next to no credit because of the interest. I had signed away my parental rights, at my ex's request. I have given money directly to both of my kids and I have documentation, which are both grown and have kids. Is it possible to get credit in order to lower the debt? 75% of it is interest.



Answer

Re: unpaid support

I am not sure I understand your situation very well. There are only temporary orders in place, yet your kids are grown, with kids of their own? Did the case never progress to a final order? Is the AG involved? You might be able to negotiate your way out of some of this, but the interest, if computed correctly, is legal. Most orders state that direct gifts to the child are not credited against child support.



No comments:

Post a Comment