Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Wage garnishingI live in PA, I am being taken to court by MBNA for two outstanding balances, one is 6,000 and other is 22,000. I am working...

Question

Wage garnishing

I live in PA, I am being taken to court by MBNA for two outstanding balances, one is 6,000 and other is 22,000. I am working with Debt Settlement USA to close out accounts, I have already closed out two accounts. Can the courts garnish my wages. I have no owned properity.



Answer

Re: Wage garnishing

Not in Pennsylvania but they can execute on your bank accounts so if you have direct deposit you may want to stop it now. As far as Debt settlement companies a lot of my clients have complained about them and one client who was in my office yesterday was very upset that she was making payments upon credit card bills where collection was probably barred by the statute of limitations. There is an argument that such partial payment restarts the statute of limitations and some arbitration panels and/or judges may accept that argument. Do not ignore the lawsuits. At least file an answer or have an attorney file one for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment