Wednesday, February 25, 2015

My daughter is married to a man who has been in prison twice for drug dealing. They have a 17 yr old daughter and 11yr old son who are becom...

Question

My daughter is married to a man who has been in prison twice for drug dealing. They have a 17 yr old daughter and 11yr old son who are becoming very distrought emotionally. The 17yr knows whats going on and has 'hair pulling' emotional problems and the 11yr old is becoming a bedwetter. The 'man' IS dealing drugs again. My granddaughter confides in me about everything and I am becoming distrought because I don't know how to help. My daughter is afraid of her husband. He has the whole family afraid of him. I am NOT. I was with my granddaughter once when she found crack in a bag in the mailbox they don't use. I wanted to call the police right then. She has found scales in the bathroom. My daughter knows he is cheating on her. How can I help this poor family? I love my grandchilderen so much. I've even thought about sending an annonomus letter to the police department but I know they have to have cause to search the house. He is an ex-con and DOES have guns in the house. I have to keep a low profile here because I do belive he would put a hit out on me if he knew I did something. Please help me.

I just went to the next page and saw that there is a charge. I'm sorry , I do not have the money just for a question. I need to use the money in case I need to get a lawyer around here to help my daughter out of this situation. Please, please respond.



Answer

Unfortunately, this website (free or paid) is probably not the right place to be seeking your legal advice. I'm glad you posted on the free site because I don't think the paid site is going to do you much good.

It sounds like your daughter is probably an abused spouse. She needs to be in therapy to build up her self-esteem.

Unfortunately, this entire family is suffering because of this man's behavior. It also sounds like he is a very dangerous person - he has drugs (crack) and guns around the children.

You might want to look on this website for a free consultation with a family law attorney that also does criminal law in your daughter's county. You might also check out www.avvo.com or the State Bar of Texas websites for attorneys. Many attorneys offer a free phone or in-person consultation.

You can also post this question on www.avvo.com for free. But, you might make your question a little shorter on that site.

However, I don't know if your daughter is willing to seek a divorce. She and the children would probably need to go to a shelter in order to be safe. She would need to read on-line about a "safety plan" ande develop one before she left him. If your daughter is not willing to leave her husband, then all you can do is pray for her and the children.

You could always contact the police anonymously, but I don't know what they will do. They might already be aware of his activity and might be watching him.

Of course, you need to be careful for your own safety. All the best to you and your family.

Unfortunately, that is all that I can think of right now. I hope that you find this information helpful. Good luck! Be safe & stay alive.



No comments:

Post a Comment