Saturday, January 25, 2014

I was arrested over 8 years ago for possession of a controlled substance. I saw the judge and bonded. Nothing has ever come of it, but somet...

Question

I was arrested over 8 years ago for possession of a controlled substance. I saw the judge and bonded. Nothing has ever come of it, but something is on my record that is keeping me from getting a job. I have not been in trouble since. What do I need to do?



Answer

That is odd. You should hire a lawyer in the county where that occurred and see what the status is. If you were never indicted, then you are safe. If you were indicted, then it may take some work on that case to keep it from raising its ugly head and to make it go away such that you can get it expunged. (You need a lawyer for that, anyway.)



No comments:

Post a Comment