Saturday, May 31, 2014

My ex-wife and I were divorced in Dec. in Illinois. She now has a problem with the paperwork and wants to vacate the divorce. She claims tha...

Question

My ex-wife and I were divorced in Dec. in Illinois. She now has a problem with the paperwork and wants to vacate the divorce. She claims that we could pay $75 if we both agree and it would be vacated. She says if I don't agree to this she will get a lawyer and take me to court for supposedly lying in court when the judge asked before the procedding if she was going to show up. Monday will be 60 days from the court date. Can she do this or is she BSing me to try to get her way?



Answer

Don't know what's going on, but generally you have 30 days to vacate unless there's an extraordinary reason. Without knowing more, that's about as specific as anyone on here can get.



No comments:

Post a Comment