Tuesday, May 20, 2014

To maintain control of the car you should put your hands at the where on the steering wheel?

To maintain control of the car you should put your hands at the where on the steering wheel?
When you apply for your license it is usually said at 10 and 2 (o'clock) This is fine and I did it with MY driving instructor. Now though it is said to be 8 and 4, which is TOTALLY bogus and inneffective and just plain STUPID. You cannot turn the car without hitting yourself in the ribs, and its very hard to control your car. Once your out on your own you can pretty much hold the wheel however you want, as long as it's not with your feet haha. I like to drive with my left hand at the 12 o'clock position, and I rest my right hand on my automatic transmission knob, or if in a manual, on the shift knob. I find this to be very comfortable and relaxing, yet at the same time, I keep total control and I have avoided many accidents. But it is pretty much personal preference :)
I hope this gives you some ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment