Friday, May 23, 2014

my wifes attorney say I do not have to show up for our court" -- because it falls within my area of expertise. I just need a few more detail...

Question

my wifes attorney say I do not have to show up for our court" -- because it falls within my area of expertise. I just need a few more details about your situation and I will get to work!



Answer

and your question is - if you mean , if we resolve everything, do I have to show up in court, the answer is no, only the petitioner and her atty need to appear, but you have the right to, if you do not trust the other side.



Answer

The operational phrase here is "my wifes attorney." You are representing yourself. By not showing up you will have no say in what happens. Since you are your own attorney, you should always appear. You cannot rely on your wife's attorney to represent your interests.



No comments:

Post a Comment