Monday, June 23, 2014

I'm in Virginia on business and just received word today that my ex was awarded full custody of my kids and my having no visitation rights ...

Question

I'm in Virginia on business and just received word today that my ex was awarded full custody of my kids and my having no visitation rights; however, I was never served or notified of a hearing, etc nor was I informed by my ex of such case pending or taking place. I have been in constant contact with my ex-wife, kids and have purchased clothes and sent money while away on business. I have been gone for six weeks but the court is treating this like an abandonment issue. Apparently the court attempted serving me at an address I haven't lived at for 2-years.

The case was last Wednesday where she informed the court that she had no knowledge of my where-abouts, which is completely false. Because I have been out of town I wouldn't have knowledge of a pending court case or been able to be served.

Next week I have a child support hearing and I need to know my options in this matter?



Answer

Simple answer is that you will need legal representation to sort this out.



Answer

The sooner you retain a skilled family law attorney to help you, the quicker your legal rights will be protected.



No comments:

Post a Comment