Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I moved into a house on July 27th, on July 28th one of the pipes under house broke. We have NO water, and been that way for over a week. Lan...

Question

I moved into a house on July 27th, on July 28th one of the pipes under house broke. We have NO water, and been that way for over a week. Landlord now tells us it's gonna cost more to fix than they want to pay, so they want us to move out.

We signed a lease, from July 2012 to July 2013. Can they legally do that? They do not want to pay us any money except the first month rent that we paid.

The house is in Florida. I have 3 kids, and school starts in less than a week.

I need advice!!

Thanks in advance!!!

I paid the landlord $370 to move in, I had to get electric turned on at $490, and the propane cost $300. You people say the landlord is helping me??

He is only willing to give me $370 back, and nothing more. He says it is "my problem". The plumber said he could fix the issue for $3,700 and in two days. The landlord just doesn't want to pay to fix it...it's not the fact the house is inhabitable, it's the landlord choosing to make the house inhabitable.



Answer

Sue the landlord in small claims and tell him you intend to do so unless he refunds the your money. The electric can be transferred to your new residence so it is unlikely you will get that back.



No comments:

Post a Comment