Friday, June 27, 2014

My wife and I are seperated, but not legally,she is in the house. She got a roommate with a dog. Am I correct in saying I still have a legal...

Question

My wife and I are seperated, but not legally,she is in the house. She got a roommate with a dog. Am I correct in saying I still have a legal right to enter the house at will to get my mail or personal items and the dog needs to be caged and I dont have to call my wife in advance before I go to the house?



Answer

You still have the right to enter the home until such time as a judge says otherwise. Contact my office for free consultation.



Answer

If you have left the house then the court may look at it that you have given her temporary possession of the home and furnishings - this would be just like a temporary order for needs. I suggest you change your mailing address and if you need to go to the house - call her first. I would suggest before you let this go to far that you start proceedings for a divorce. Florida does not have a legal separation option. If I can be of assistance please contact my office for an appointment.



No comments:

Post a Comment