Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I rent a single family home in Florida from a private owner. I have closed my business and have no income = therefore gave a 45 day notice t...

Question

I rent a single family home in Florida from a private owner. I have closed my business and have no income = therefore gave a 45 day notice to vacate the home. The notice was accepted (in writing). Five days later I received a 3 day notice to pay or vacate, followed by a notice that my lease was being cancelled and instead of requiring 30 day notice it is a 15 day notice, thereby trying to force me out 15 days faster. The notice threatened a doubling of rent every day that I remained past the 15 days. I question the legality of this given the acceptance of my notice. Can you speak to this quickly please? I am on day 3 of the notice and would like to respond with an informed answer. Thank you - Tampa



Answer

After the 3 day notice and you do not vacate they then have to proceed with an eviction. When you receive the eviction papers there is a time period to answer it and to pay your rent into the registry of the court house. I suggest you do so and stay put. The court will give you a hearing date and at that time tell the judge of the agreement. the judge will probably sanction them and allow you to stay until the accepted period stated in the notice.



No comments:

Post a Comment