Sunday, July 27, 2014

Questions:1. Is it possible I can apply for EAD after approval of I-140 when PD is not going be current soon (Means, will take years to be c...

Question

Questions:

1. Is it possible I can apply for EAD after approval of I-140 when PD is not going be current soon (Means, will take years to be current).

2. If Q1 is yes then how many days after I can apply EAD from i-140 approval date.

3. If Q2 is correct and approved then We need to just PD to be current and formal GC.



Answer

Hi,

EAD (employment authorization document) application can be filed only when I-485 is filed, and I-485 (adjustment of status application) cannot be filed until the priority date is current: www.h1b1.com/visawaiting.htm



Answer

Unfortunately you can't file for employment authorization until your priority date is current and you are able to file the I-485 application for adjustment of status. Until then, you need to maintain your nonimmigrant status, and be aware that periods of unauthorized employment can jeapordize future adjustment of status.



No comments:

Post a Comment