Tuesday, August 26, 2014

If there was a court ordered restraining order against me what happens if the person goes to my job? Do I still get arrested although it was...

Question

If there was a court ordered restraining order against me what happens if the person goes to my job? Do I still get arrested although it was accidental contact?



Answer

You can only be punished for knowingly violating the order. Bear in mind that even unintentional contact can appear intentional to the court.



Answer

Mr. Hoffman is absolutely correct and people are accused of violating restraining orders like that all the time. The person who brought the restraining order is not under the restrictions of the order and therefore their movements are not restricted. They can go where they want to go. The court order with the restraining order should also have provided information stating how far you were to stay away from that person in a public place. It is generally some where between 25 and 100 yards. The best thing to do is the situation you're describing is to go to an unobtrusive place at your work and stay there until they leave.

Good luck



No comments:

Post a Comment