Wednesday, August 27, 2014

My godson is coming to live with me for an unknown amount of time. His guardian and I need a quick way for me to take custody that does not ...

Question

My godson is coming to live with me for an unknown amount of time. His guardian and I need a quick way for me to take custody that does not involve the courts but still allows me to take care of school stuff, dr appointments, etc. Is there a way?



Answer

Yes.

You could get a "Parental Delegation of Authority" which is good for 6 months at a time.

That is the only method I am aware of that does not involve the Courts. I would need to look into whether a guardian's signature on such is sufficient, rather than a parent's.

Please email me direclty if you would like to discuss this form, which we could prepare at a flat rate.

richpeters @ familylawaz.com

/s/Rich J. Peters

Attorney at Law

1422 N. 2nd Street Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004

(602)254-7251

Fax (602)254-1229

www.familylawaz.com



No comments:

Post a Comment