Monday, October 27, 2014

Hello, I have some very large trees. My close neighbor is complaining(and threatening) if they fall or large branches fall..on his property,...

Question

Hello, I have some very large trees. My close neighbor is complaining(and threatening) if they fall or large branches fall..on his property, that it will be my fault!?? I have homeowners insurance, but do not think it would cover any property except my own. This is Florida, and we have these "pop-up storms in summer, plus risk of hurricanes. I love my trees, do not want to take them down(love the shade they provide). What can I do about his complaints, and do they have any basis for me to worry?



Answer

You may be responsible for damages caused by your trees. You need to check with your insurance company as to what protection it provides. Homeowner's often has a liability coverage and the tree damage may be included. As for the maintenance of trees, they have to be trimmed for hurricane season and you may lose some shade during that time, but you protect yourself and others from flying branches. They do grow back. If they are as large as indicated, they wont likely fall unless they are sick and weak, and then likely need to be removed anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment