Tuesday, October 28, 2014

traffic violation- Illegal left turnI was coming from a 3 lane road, going under a highway. I was driving in the middle lane, thinking it w...

Question

traffic violation- Illegal left turn

I was coming from a 3 lane road, going under a highway. I was driving in the middle lane, thinking it was a left/straight ahead lane, so i made the left turn and ended on the feeder in the right lane (as there were only 2 lanes). A cop was standing in the middle of the feeder and stops traffic, funneling myself into a narrow strip of dirt under the same highway and 3 other drivers behind me who made the turn. he gave me a ticket for making an illegal left turn, and i assume he did so with the other 3 drivers behind me.

Is there anything i can say to fight this ticket? It seems that there was not sufficient signage, and that people can make the same mistake (like those 3 behind me). ive been making that turn for a year now, and have seen many others do the same. there is another street parallel to the one i was on that has a left/left-straight/straight sign, and is exactly the same.

Thank you



Answer

Re: traffic violation- Illegal left turn

Honestly, your description is detailed, and I should be able to picture it, but I can't. If you believe you are in the right, then set it for trial, and decide if you are capable of representing yourself, or if you need to hire a lawyer.



No comments:

Post a Comment