Friday, October 31, 2014

How can I write up my own interrogatories? And do I have to answer any interrogatories that someone's lawyer has send me?

Question

How can I write up my own interrogatories? And do I have to answer any interrogatories that someone's lawyer has send me?



Answer

To answer your second question, if you are a party to the litigation you must comply with the discovery rules, which means answering interrogatories, providing documents, submitting to a deposition if scheduled. You obviously need representation, and if you feel you can't afford typical attorney fees, you may qualify for a reduced fee attorney through your county bar association's lawyer referral service. There are probably form interrogatories available on line or perhaps through a pro se program at the circuit court in your county, or you could use the one's served on you as a guide, depending on what you want to know in terms of your spouse's income, financial accounts, property, or other issues present in your case.



No comments:

Post a Comment