Friday, November 21, 2014

A judgement was made to award me a percentage of my husband's 401(k). I don't have a lawyer. I've been flying back and forth to court for ov...

Question

A judgement was made to award me a percentage of my husband's 401(k). I don't have a lawyer. I've been flying back and forth to court for over a year and a half. My husband's lawyer entered a QDRO in my divorce. I saw the cook county clerk's website. I was not there because I live in Los Angeles and it is a hardship for me to travel back and forth. He filed a motion and mailed it to me in L.A. I gave his lawyer the account number to my new rollover IRA account that I set up. How and when will they distribute my husband's 401 (k)? What do I need to do to have it rolled over to MY IRA account?



Answer

You need to make the arrangements yourself. You are acting as your own attorney and it is not your husband's responsibility or his attorney's to set up the rollover.



No comments:

Post a Comment