Friday, November 28, 2014

My question is this my father who is 71 years old and serving a prison sentence at Lompoc prison. Now my father who in total before bills pe...

Question

My question is this my father who is 71 years old and serving a prison sentence at Lompoc prison. Now my father who in total before bills per month in retirement and pension receives $4500.00 and owns a house. Now before he had to go turn himself in put my sons name on his banking account who is 23 years old. He puts him on so my son can pay the bills and to make sure my father has a house to come home too. In the beginning my son was doing what he was suppose to do paying the bills. Well now it is a year later and he has spent the money partying and what not. From the start my father never got a power of attorney for my son and I want to know how can I go about getting a full power of attorney granted to an accountant so my fathers banking account and house can be taken care of properly like my father wanted in the beginning. Now I know my father has access to a notary and he can sign forms via mail. Thank you for taking the time to read this.



Answer

You can send your father a blank Durable Power of Attorney and he can fill it out and name his Power of Attorney. The Agent will first need to go to the bank and take your sons' name off the account.

I can provide you a form POA or you can purchase one on-line through various legal document web sites.



No comments:

Post a Comment