Saturday, November 22, 2014

I was recently stopped while driving and my car was illegally searched. When I asked the officer what was I being pulled over for he opened ...

Question

I was recently stopped while driving and my car was illegally searched. When I asked the officer what was I being pulled over for he opened up my door and told me to get out. My car was searched without my consent and I made it very clear that I didn't give permission for him to search the vehicle. I was not speeding nor do I have any violations. This is happening to me too often and I was considering suing the police department. Can you let me know if i have a right to do so. thanks



Answer

Under the facts you described, you may be able to sue; the officer, their supervisor, and maybe the governmental entity that employs them. You need to consult directly with a civil practice attorney in your area. After seeing the specific facts of your matter, they may be able to give you specific advice about your options.

Good luck



No comments:

Post a Comment