Monday, May 5, 2014

I have had a case with the Child Support Department for over 40 years, the x and his atty are both very clever and work the law, when x turn...

Question

I have had a case with the Child Support Department for over 40 years, the x and his atty are both very clever and work the law, when x turned 65 they attached his SS, I was given $100.00 per month. a few months later the x and atty went to court as I came to find out about 2 1/2 yrs later the Dept was going to take hs drivers License, his filled out paperwork ommited he owned a house, had bank accounts, owed a 38' boat, they lowered my payment to $25.00. I am now owe'd over $100,000, I was advised there has been an abstract in place since 1983. The x inherited a home, he has taken out 2 loans, neither time was the abstract picked up. Now the Child Support Department wants to have him and I come in to have it heard, I flipped, I am going to terminate them, it is a standing debt, I surely don't want a Judge or Commissioner to change my order. do I have claim against Department?



Answer

Probably not and even if you did it is probably barred by the statute of limitations and failure to file a governmental claim within 180 days of the incident and/or knowledge. With that much at stake, why do you not hire an attorney to go after the judgment by attaching a lien on his property and then foreclosing on the liens, etc. P.S. This is a collections issue and not civil rights.



No comments:

Post a Comment