Sunday, June 22, 2014

Need some legal advice regarding my rights as a wife living in a rental house with husband. Have been married for 10 months. I have a house ...

Question

Need some legal advice regarding my rights as a wife living in a rental house with husband. Have been married for 10 months. I have a house of my own, but last summer my husband was removing a tree and tore down my electric pole. Finally after staying on him he set another pole and half way installed the electrical to it. Then when I asked him to pay the electric bill, he told them to apply my deposit to the bill and shut off service. This is my residence that I have had for 12 years now. Things are not what they should be in the marriage, so a divorce is the only option. He wants me out of this house we both live in, and last night he left. First can I make him financially responsible to get electric back to my house since he is the one who did the damage? Second, since he left, can I stay here in the rental house till the repairs are made and I can go home? And since he left, can I make him stay gone till I am in my house? I am unemployed and have no money for these repairs



Answer

All of those are possibilities, but not without the assistance of an attorney. Hire a lawyer in your community who can more specifically answer your questions and help you achieve a fair outcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment