Saturday, November 22, 2014

I have4 children with my ex wife and I pay $546 monthly in child support, but every few days she calls or the kids call on her behalf asking...

Question

I have4 children with my ex wife and I pay $546 monthly in child support, but every few days she calls or the kids call on her behalf asking for money for food, haircuts, cell phone bill. she has 2 other kids and currently married and her husband doesn't work but she does. They always cliaming that the 4 kids my I have with her needs food. Is there anything legally that I can do to find out what she spends the child support money on? Can the child support money be used for electricity or rent if she works? And also if he has the kids in the summer during the day 7 days a week can they lower the support?



Answer

Q. Is there anything legally that I can do to find out what she spends the child support money on?

A. No, so long as the children's basic needs are being met.

Q. Can the child support money be used for electricity or rent if she works?

A. Generally, the money is for the children. However, the custodial parent generally pools the money with her income and uses the money to pay bills.

Q. And also if he has the kids in the summer during the day 7 days a week can they lower the support?

A. The non-custodial parent would have to make application for a modification of child support. The modification would have to be from a unforseen change of circumstance. If having the children 7 days a week duriung the summer is an unforseen change of circumstance, then the answer would be yes.

Mike.



No comments:

Post a Comment