Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Can i file contempt charges? august 2011 went to court and was rewarded 50/50 legal custody. in the papers it says must sign me to daughters...

Question

Can i file contempt charges? august 2011 went to court and was rewarded 50/50 legal custody. in the papers it says must sign me to daughters school emergency contact. She has not. Second in the court order it says that parents must consult in decisions making for participation in extracurricular activitys. My ex has now signed my daughter up for modeling classes that will cause conflict with visitation. She never called and talk to me about it and daughter said she is not going to be able to come see me in the summer. Third she has talked bad about me saying she has a brother and i left him the same way i left her"s". which is not true dont even have a son. im suppose to be able to talk to her 3 times a week.I dont get that all the time. What do u think please let me know



Answer

This kind of stuff happens all the time and it is really horrible. The parent signing up the child for the classes or the sport appears on the outside to be the good parent and only caring for the child's wants and extra activities. However, they are really manipulating the situation and I personally feel the court needs to be made aware of it. However, it is unlikely you will get anywhere without an attorney.

You need to go back in to court with a motion to compel. The other thing is you need to stop letting your ex control the situation.

If you would like to contact our office please feel free to through our website at www.brianmcginitylaw.com .

Good luck



No comments:

Post a Comment