Thursday, September 25, 2014

I bought a house with my then fiance1.5 yrs agoowner finaced and both names are on the deed..the relationship ended I moved out for 3 months...

Question

I bought a house with my then fiance1.5 yrs agoowner finaced and both names are on the deed..the relationship ended I moved out for 3 months and have found the rental is far from suitable, due to sewage leaks, unihabitable yard, and numerous other safety issues...I have asked my x, who is still living in our house if I could rent a room until I found another place to live...He says I gave up m rights to live there when I left? I have proof I paid all mortgage payments and bills while i was living and in addition got the $8000 first homebuyer credit. I know this is now a civil matter, but did i give up my rights?



Answer

If your name is on the deed, you own 50% of the property. You would have right to live there as well as to force a sale unless you signed a deed transferring the property to him. Find an attorney in your area to write him a letter.



No comments:

Post a Comment