Sunday, April 27, 2014

My daughter is 4 yrs old. Her biological father has not been in her life since she was 2. I am only looking for the next step to take. I kno...

Question

My daughter is 4 yrs old. Her biological father has not been in her life since she was 2. I am only looking for the next step to take. I know this will include speaking with a family law lawyer. I am solely looking for advice and guidance. Her father checks in maybe once every 8-9 months but makes no further communications. I would like to terminate parental rights from him. I feel like as though he he corresponds only when he is told too. We were never married and there is no court ordered child support nor do I wish to ask for any. Please let me know my next step.



Answer

If there has never been a court order you may do anything you wish, but I do not see a basis to termanate paental rights. If you want to place the burden of action on dad, move out of the area.



Answer

If you want to terminate his parental rights, this is a complex procedure and for sure you will need a lawyer.

John A. Smitten, Esquire

Carey and Leisure

622 Bypass Drive, Suite 100

Clearwater, FL 33764

Phone: 727-799-3900/Fax: 727-490-4944

[email protected]/* */

www.careyandleisure.com



No comments:

Post a Comment