Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A customer of mine owes us $ 5800.00 past due over 9 months. I filed small claims court and when they went to deliver the papers, The guy to...

Question

A customer of mine owes us $ 5800.00 past due over 9 months. I filed small claims court and when they went to deliver the papers, The guy told the sheriff that D-box was no longer at the address. But the guy who owns the company is still there and he rejected the court papers. I addressed the paperwork to his company name and I listed the company as the defendant. Can I change the Defendant to the guy who owns the company? Maybe address the court paperwork to the guys name first then in care of the business. Please help me in any way possible. I am in Bucks county pa. Thanks John



Answer

there are many methods of serving a defendant if the customer operated in the corporate name then that is who you usually would name as defendant if the defendant is a sole proprietor who trades under a business name you can sue him such as the defendants name trading as or doing business as and then name of company. You should consult with an attorney because there may be other facts which would lead to naming several parties. If you would like to consult with my office you may contact me at 215 322-2100



No comments:

Post a Comment