Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I have to send in evidence of my marriage to remove the temporary status. My wife refuses to file tax returns together. What are my options?...

Question

I have to send in evidence of my marriage to remove the temporary status. My wife refuses to file tax returns together. What are my options? Will this prevent me from being approved?



Answer

If you don't file joint tax returns it may raise a red flag on you I-751 petition. Try to gather as many documents showing the bona fides of the marriage (always include lots of photos)

Caro Kinsella-Immigration Attorney



Answer

Hi,

A joint tax return is not required to file the petition to remove the conditions on residence, as long as you are otherwise in a bona fide marriage. If your wife does not co-sign the I-751, the case becomes more complex.

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email [email protected]/* */ for guidance.



Answer

A joint tax return is not required, however it would help. You can show other documentation such as a mortgage, lease or joint bank accounts. You should consult with an immigration attorney in your area.



No comments:

Post a Comment