Saturday, March 28, 2015

My husband and I took in a homeless man and his two children (sons). They lived here approx 4 weeks. I found the father a job and my husband...

Question

My husband and I took in a homeless man and his two children (sons). They lived here approx 4 weeks. I found the father a job and my husband or I would take him there and pick him up every day (23 miles one way). Christmas eve, he leaves. Noone has seen or heard from him since. He left his children and his dog with us. I have been in contact with the childrens mother and she is supposed to send me a notorized letter giving me custody of the boys. I'm still waiting..and waiting..The boys are in school and doing wonderful. I have them on routine schedules and all their grades have excelled dramatically. They are happy here and want to stay. I found out from the mother, that the father signed away his parental rights years ago. She let him take the boys because she has 2 girls she is raising on her own and the 2 boys were too much for her. The boys are 12 and 15..please advise



Answer

You have no legal rights. You must petition the court for temporary custody.



No comments:

Post a Comment