Monday, April 21, 2014

I was named as a beneficiary of my father's estate on his last will testament back in 1985. In 1990 he excluded my name from his last will...

Question

I was named as a beneficiary of my father's estate on his last will & testament back in 1985. In 1990 he excluded my name from his last will & testament. Also, I have 2 biological siblings who were excluded from the beginning. I would like to know if biological children have any rights to his estate? He passed away on September 8th, 2011, and this is in the state of Iowa.

Thanks for your time



Answer

If you were written out of his will in 1990 there is little that you or the other heirs can do about it now. You could choose to contest the will but it is a very expensive and time consuming process with little promise of a favorable result.



No comments:

Post a Comment