Friday, November 21, 2014

I received a Notice of Motion for a foreclosure on property in Illinois that I sold in the mid to late 1990s. I was listed as one of the def...

Question

I received a Notice of Motion for a foreclosure on property in Illinois that I sold in the mid to late 1990s. I was listed as one of the defendents after the current owner. I do not have any interest in this property and do not hold any property motgage. Are all previous owners listed as defendents on Illinois foreclosure paperwork along with current owners?



Answer

I think you asked this differently the other day. If so, again, please note before a lender files for foreclosure, they get something like a title insurance commitment which, for purposes of foreclosure cases, is called "Minutes of Foreclosure". For some reason your name must be popping up. If you do not know why and you may still have some kind of interest in the property (and you may not be able to determine this on your own) you should contact the attorneys for the lender and ask what's up, or have an attorney do it for you. This would be especially true if you took back any kind of owner financing when you sold the property; that could be wiped out in a foreclosure.



No comments:

Post a Comment