Sunday, January 25, 2015

I worked on a cycle and followed Missouri's rules on keeping it if not payed. The DMV won't give me a lien unless a contract was in writing....

Question

I worked on a cycle and followed Missouri's rules on keeping it if not payed. The DMV won't give me a lien unless a contract was in writing. Ours was verbal and of course he was offered a written order but didn't want one. Posted on my property consumer rights and sent certified mail to collect or seek a lien. Now I can't title it or collect. Kept the cycle and charged 20 a day storage in that certified mail. Can I get the abandoned title after 6 months? What else could I do to gain title?



Answer

Why not sue for the value of the repairs and storage? Otherwise, you may be viewed as running a scam to get titles, if the bike owner sues you for witholding their bike. They could win the full value of the bike.

Good luck



No comments:

Post a Comment